Friday, January 1, 2010

iPhone Photo of the Day - New Year's Resolutions


I love it when people and organizations really mean what they say, right down to the non-maintained road sign. I shot this on my iPhone today on a country walk in Pine Valley, part of San Diego County.

If only we could show the same commitment with our New Year's resolutions. But this time I have inspiration going for me. So, in the spirit of San Diego County's show of strength, here are my New Year's resolutions. Make no mistake - I'm not backing down. No matter what, read my lips, these I fully intend to keep:

  1. No more making my bed.
  2. No more doing today what I can put off till tomorrow.
  3. No more allowing irrelevancies such as duties and responsibilities to interrupt a meaningful sleep.
  4. No more resisting temptation.
Yes, I know: These are exceptionally high standards I have set for myself. But I am motivated, first,  by the naysayers who would love nothing better than to see me fail, and, second, by my true friends and supporters who see my success as their success.

Cue up the "Rocky" theme music ...

2 comments:

Loretta said...

John, you're an inspiration. I hadn't made any new year's resolutions, but now that I've seen yours......well, if you can do it, I can too ;-)

John McManamy said...

Hey, Loretta. It's great I've given you something to shoot for. Remember, if the phone rings, never get out of bed to answer it. :)