Thursday, December 10, 2009

iPhone Photo of the Day - Sequel to the Sequel



I shot this on the Sunrise Highway that traverses Mount Laguna, from a lookout close to 6,000 feet above sea level. I live 10 or 15 miles away as the crow flies, but here I am in an entirely different world, dominated by Jeffrey Pines (note what I call the optional snow, the kind you drive to rather than shovel off your driveway). Yesterday, I was taking photos of palm trees in Balboa Park at sea level in San Diego, 40 miles from where I live. A recent Photo of the Day featured an entirely different environment a mile from where I live at 3,500 feet.

In the space of literally an hour, I can cross into five or six entirely different climate zones, with dramatic changes in weather and scenery.  I've lived in Southern CA for three years and still marvel at the diversity.

No comments: