Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Time to Heal



This is my tribute to the spirit of the holidays, shot during a hot and dry California summer.

I started producing my own videos in the spring of '08, during a time I was coping with severe burn-out. The videos helped animate me, brought me back to life. I felt a healing take place.

Until March this year, I never owned a camera. Then I bought a cheapo digital camera and took some very bad pictures of my daughter's wedding. A couple of months later, I got a decent camcorder, then FinalCut Express and I suddenly I was like a kid with new toys.

When my father was my age, bad health forced him into early retirement, a defeated man. I had a lot of my earlier years taken away from me. But here I am, making movies.

Anyway, a happy - and healing - holidays to all.

13 YouTube videos


An article on healing

No comments: